For King or Empress
“Rogues! Do you want to live forever?”
With that encouragement from their steely-eyed sovereign, the Prussian infantry tightened ranks and marched towards the white-clad Austrians waiting for them on the hill. The drums beat, echoing in the hearts of thousands of musketeers, who wondered if these last few breaths would be their final ones. Meanwhile, the generals looked on, frowning at the dispositions of their battle lines and their opponent’s. Were there enough troops there to meet the enemy’s thrust, or should reserves be shifted?
For King or Empress is a big battle, miniatures game for refighting the Seven Years War, 1756-62. Everything you need to play is here, including:
- Easy-to-understand rules mechanics, illustrated with diagrams and photographs
- A system that brings the battle to a resolution, so victory is declared on the tabletop
- Several interesting ways to set up battles, from march-on attacks against a deployed defender, to a unique, positional, grand tactical system conducted before the battle.
- Rules for terrain generation that provide accurate, yet diverse battlefields
- A logical point system, allowing you to create your own engagements or refight ones from History
- Army lists for all the major (and several minor) combatants of the Seven Years War, often broken into early and late-war periods
- Two tiers of army sizes which allow you to field small forces quickly, or expand them to major armies like those controlled by Frederick the Great, Archduke Charles, and more!
- A myriad of Optional rules to tweak just the right feel for your games, or put them in a Historical, campaign context
- A flexible basing system, allowing you to use troops you already own or guide those just starting out
Everything you need to play is here, and small armies can require as few as 15 stands of troops, so what are you waiting for? Your sovereign expects victory from you!